Saturday, December 3, 2016

Statutes RP Dec. 3rd - Peter, Jun and Judith





Peter O'Brian glances up as the door opens and smiles as the man bellies up to the bar.  He comes over.  "What can I get you?"

Jun.Saigawa  looks at the menu and scans the place .. 'just a beer will be fine ' he say with his thick Japanese account placing shopping bags next to his feet.

Peter O'Brian nods and gets the beer, tipping the bottle professionally and setting it and a napkin in front of the man.  "There you go."  he glances at the bags.  "Christmas shopping?"  he asks, always the talkative bartender.

 Jun.Saigawa  grabs his beer 'yeah .. gotta get my kids some stuff .. 'he laugh chugs his beer 'man the shops are crazy 'he laugh softly

Peter O'Brian scoffs.  "And it's only the third."  he sighs.  "I haven't done too much shopping.  My daughter is a teenager.  If I stop at a cash machine and draw my daily limit, then hand it to her, she'll be happy."  he chuckles.

 Jun.Saigawa  laughs ' I have a 7 year old.. and yeah that would be easier.. then find .. he looks at his list ..'what ever is a hamotchi .. I'll have to look in Vancouver .. look at ever store here and even in Cedar Point .. 'he rubs his temple.. 'luckily my son is only 1 .. so blocks or something to throw ..' he laughs

Peter O'Brian winces.  "No IDEA what that is.  Why not jut shop online?  I pretty much started doing that when my daughter got older.  Better than fighting other parents in the name of good will."  he chuckles. "Hell .. at 1 year old, give him three balls of aluminum foil."

Jun.Saigawa  laughs softly 'ill probably do that but i sorta like shopping local.. 'he laugh softly 'but yeah ill probably get in online or something .. 'he exhales 'i would send my wife but shes doesn't like to go shop .. figures .. 'he shrugs ' nah i just gotta find him some plush toy to throw and whack with ..'he laughs 'the softer the better 'he laughs.

Judith Baldwin walks from dropping her Aunt Martha at the Senior's movie night and peeks into the little bar. A glass of wine would be lovely right now. She walks up to the bar, smiling pleasantly at the locals. Addressing the barkeep she says "Hello I'd love a glass of the house white please."

Peter O'Brian laughs.  "A wife that doesn't like o go shopping is a jewel."  he jokes and watches the woman come in, with a blast of the cold air.  He blinks at her request.  "Uhhhh ... the ... house ...  um ... right ...." he glances behind himself.  "Could I offer you a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps?"

Jun.Saigawa  nods yeah .. she never was the shopper but has been avoiding it cuz some asshat D'ant.. something made a pass at her .. but mostly she more of the online shopper 'he laughs 'i was like no we need to support the local economy soo.. yeah "

Judith Baldwin blinks at the bartender and then looks mildly amused "Very well. that does sound tasty." She tunes into the conversation about shopping online vs shopping local and looks between the two men "This town does have some wonderful shops and not so suffocating as the malls."

Peter O'Brian nods.  "Ah yes ... we've had a guy being a real ass lately.  I'd say pig, but I used to be a cop and I won't insult our boys like that."  he considers.  "A lot of the local shops STILL have online options.  Even some of the stores down in The Shops."  he looks at the woman and smiles.  "Coming right up, ma'am."  he prepares it and sets it in front of her.  "I don't usually serve wine."  he confesses.  "If you'd insisted, I would have had to make  few phone calls .. see if any of my friends had any."  he grins,

Jun.Saigawa  nods 'yeah .. ill took a few card with their online info.. 'he say placing a couple business card . 'though i found some one of kind stuff that some on my list will like . 'he smiles . he looks down the way to see who order wine at a small bar.. amused but shrugs and takes a deep swig of his beer

Judith Baldwin takes a sip of her drink and then looks pleased "No this is more than fine. Thank you." She inhales the aroma of chocolate and mint and then asks "Has there been some trouble in town? My Aunt Martha always assures me it's a safe place to travel after November. Odd advice, but I take it. I'm just in for the weekend to take in your festival."

Peter O'Brian nods.  "I try and buy local, and here, they are always happy to order it for you.  But again ... I have a teenager .. so it's disposable credit cards for her.  I just trust her not to buy anything that will cause me to have  stroke."  he laughs to himself.  To the woman he says.  "Oh after even Halloween its usually alright.  We just have a man who is having a hard time keeping his hands to himself, if you get my meaning."  he smiles.  "Oh the festival is getting good now too.  The Holiday House opened today.  It all went well until Santa got himself bit." he sorts.  "He came in here for a whiskey after the doctor was done with him.  But that's as violent as its been since Halloween."  he assures her.

Jun.Saigawa  looks at the lady 'nah its great place .. you have one or two that ruins the quietness of the place but its a really nice place to raise a family 'he say softly 'he winces.. 'not mine i hope.. i know May was supposes to take Bethany and Tamaki to that 'he wonders . 'i think my little one is scare of the jolly man .. 'he laugh softly 'we had to take down all the Santa stuff in the house

Judith Baldwin looks a little unnerved at the thought of some pervert on the loose and mutters "Glad my hotel is close by." And then gasps but with humour "Children can be vicious, but so delightful too." She looks at the bartender "A teenager is an interesting challenge. I do so much better when they're little. My granddaughters are 3 and 5 and this stage is so precious." She beams at the man down the bar "You have little ones? How old?"

Peter O'Brian shrugs.  "No idea, but the kid got him good.  He only needed one stitch .. and it WAS the last kid of the day."  he chuckles to himself.  "Santa scars kids ... I never much cred for him s a boy, but my Addy ... she loved him until she figured out he was't real."  he looks at the woman.  "Ah you must be staying at the Mariners On The Beach."  he really hopes she is.  The Olin is a dive and he heard it was closed for repairs after the whole ... guest falling from the balcony and breaking his neck fiasco.  "Tell me about it.  Boys and all of sudden she is into clothes ... but doesn't appreciate MY tastes in clothes."  he snorts.

Jun.Saigawa laughs course ' we found this out after he cried after seeing the old jolly man .. 'he laugh softly 'oh Bethany . she is 7 and Tamaki my son is 1 ' he shows her a picture of a blonde 7 year old girl and a Japanese toddler dress up as Captain America and Elsa.

Judith Baldwin nods to the bartender "Yes the Mariner's. And I teach your daughter's age so I see that every day." She laughs and then holds her hand over her heart looking at the picture of the two children "Oh look at them....So sweet. Yes and I know all about Elsa and Anna. My Penelope had the same costume as your Bethany...and of course Maisy was Anna..." She whips out her phone and shows off one from her digital brag book of two little girls, both with brown hair and big brown eyes having their own Frozen Halloween.

Peter O'Brian grins and reaches for one of the complementary gingerbread people, being his own best customer when it comes to them.

Jun.Saigawa  looks at the phone.. 'aww they're so lovely 'he laughs 'i love this time of year .. it makes me like a big old kid my wife says .. she says im worse then the children 'he laughs . he takes a swig of the beer '

Judith Baldwin smiles "Brings out the kid in all of us. My Aunt's a little senile and she was trying to convince me to go have a sit on Santa's knee earlier." She laughs "Santa looked to be my age and that might be taken as something else....or today I suppose I might have gotten a bite. Luckily she's easily to distract and redirect." She tentatively reaches for a cookie "May I?" she asks the bartender "I'm Judith by the way. Judith Baldwin. I may have even taught your daughter if she takes shops at Theta Sigma. I'm the Cooking Instructor."

Peter O'Brian chuckles.  "I'm getting too old for toys, I'm finding.  Addison wants me to upgrade my phone ...."  he sighs.  "I just got the one I had five years ago."  he laughs at the idea of the woman sitting on Santa's lap and nods, moving the tray to her ... and taking another for himself.  Then he gapes.  "Ahhhhh yes yes.  My Addy is going to take your class.  She's ... well I am told she is me .. if I was a fifteen year old girl."  he snorts.

Jun.Saigawa  laughs 'i want to go but she like go play Santa and get your kids their gift so I'm like Santa ' He laughs . he just listens nodding as nurses his beer

Judith Baldwin smiles "The technology changes faster than we can blink doesn't it." She takes a cookie and nibbles at it "Mmmm....not bad. I look forward to having her in my class." She says kindly and then turns to the young father "The kids WANT you to be Santa instead of a stranger?"

Peter O'Brian snorts.  "Ho ho ho."  he makes himself a hot chocolate, without any alcohol.  He dips a gingerbread man in head first and then decapitates it.  He nods.  "It does.  And she knows how to cook, but she wants to lern other recipes."  he snorts.  "I get too Irish for her some days."  he chuckles.

Jun.Saigawa  laughs 'well my younger one does like even a picture of Santa or he cries and the other one likes the tradition Santa 'eh laughs 'nah its like I'm Santa .. getting all the presents for them 'he laughs and say excitedly 'or at least a elf or something .. 'he laughs ' I got the ears for comic con .. 'Tamaki loves elves though '

Judith Baldwin nods at the bartender "It's good to have a global approach to cuisine. There are so many beautiful recipes." She looks down the the other man and laughs "Some children are very scared of Santa. There's a whole picture book of it actually. I saw it at McNalley "Children who Hate Santa", hilarious pictures. The first time Penelope sat on Santa's knee she yanked the beard right down and the whole line behind her was scandalized. She wasn't afraid so much as curious and she just went for it." My poor Erica apologized profusely to the other parents in line."

Peter O'Brian grins.  "I know, I know.  But mostly I want her to have fun in life."  he grins. "I did Santa a few years ago.  Had this one little girl sit on my lap.  Maybe eight.  Well I asked her what she wanted and she said she wanted me to know my history and gave me  lecture on Saturn."  he chuckles.  "Very educational, if I do say so myself."

Jun.Saigawa laughs so hard throwing his head back in laughter his pointed ears point out a bit. His grin spreading modified ear to modified ear 'he laughs 'kids are so intuitive aren't they 'he laughs

Judith Baldwin looks amused by the kid lecturing Santa "Well she taught you. That's delightful." She glances over just as the pointy ears emerge and does a double take "Oh....you weren't kidding. Did you....did that..." She stammers slightly "Hurt?" Judith is a little on the traditional side of life but clearly working to come across as open to this idea.

Peter O'Brian looks at the mans ears with arched brows.  "I'm getting too old, son."  he murmurs.  he nods at the woman.  :What she asked.  I'd never ... I can hear my daughter already.  You're pushing 60, what is the matter with you.  Here ... have a hat."  he snorts and dunks the gingerbread man.

Jun.Saigawa  smiles broadly an tucks some hair behind his pointed ear 'nah its like any cosmetic surgery .. they dull the area with topical local anesthesia . he laughs softly ' he tucks the hair back .. but i keep them hidden cuz some people are so close minded . he shrugs 'can i have another beer .. he asks snagging a gingerbread man

 Judith Baldwin sighs "Well to each their own of course. I'm a little conservative myself, I'll admit. I thought I was rebellious when I got a second set of piercings for my ears. Sadly they never really healed so I'm back to just the one set. My daughter still says I should go to one of those places they do tattoos and the like and get it done "properly" but I don't think I have the guts to go into one of those places." She laughs at herself "God I sound like my Aunt Martha." She looks down to the man "But if it makes you happy, then enjoy it."

Peter O'Brian shudders and swallows he last of the gingerbread man.  He pours another bottle and delivers it.  "Tell them you got in accident with a rice machine.  I do believe that happened to Spock ... or am I aging myself again?"  he chuckles.  "Well we DO have  tattoo parlor here.  I understand it is actually pretty good."

Jun.Saigawa nods yeah 'you have to go to a license person that specializes in tattoos, and piercing 'he says 'my artist was in Seattle though and he was also license body modifier 'he say softly 'got it years ago 'he smiles 'i love it and so does my may ' he smiles and laughs 'luckily my employer doesn't care as long as i log on at night to do my job 'he shrugs . 'normal this wouldn't be acceptable in normal business 'eh laugh softly '

Judith Baldwin smiles "I remember the old Star Treks. Bless Leonard Nimoy.....so sad." She nods along with both of them and then asks the young father "You work in computers?"

Peter O'Brian considers.  "The one here ... they do tattoos, piercing and other body modification art ... whatever THAT means."  he nods.  "Yes ... I don't like these new movies."  he rolls his eyes.

 Jun.Saigawa  smiles 'yeah that was loss to the world 'he exhales 'yeah . mainly as translator and language teacher both formal and conlanguages. 'he laugh softly

Judith Baldwin looks impressed at the younger man "So you teach the classes online? I couldn't do that with cooking....well I could, but I'd never know if they got it right. And safety....ugh I had a boy burn himself this week, not following directions." She agrees belatedly with the bartender "So violent the newer films. I like the campy old ones with the simpler aliens."

 Peter O'Brian goes for another cookie.  "Molly!"  he bellows and a woman comes out with  tray of cookies, that look quite warm.  She trades them out and deals with a couple more customers before vanishing into the kitchen again.  He nods.  "Yes, but ... they have a cash cow by the teats."

Jun.Saigawa  nods 'yeah mainly i translate for a Japanese company but also i teach classes online by request mainly to people all over the world . even have a guy in Dubai learning Klingon 'he laugh softly . he nods 'they go for shock value nowadays . not that i can speak but didn't do it for shock 'he laughs 'but yeah i kinda like the corny cheesy stuff too 'he laughs softly

Judith Baldwin laughs "Paying to learn a fictional language? The world is strange. Someone once told me there's a version of the bible in Klingon. Now I have a bone to pick about that....wouldn't the Klingons have their own religion? I mean even in a story, they would have their own book, not be practicing Christianity..."

Peter O'Brian snorts.  "See ... the last I heard about people learning Klingon was at Bellevue hospital in New York ... to help evaluate incoming psychiatric cases.  Because back then .... if you went to the trouble of learning Klingon you were probably clinically insane." he looks at the woman.  "Kids really need to get out more."  he sighs.

Jun.Saigawa  shrugs 'we do .. still in the house but more and more getting together irl 'he say softly and shrugs 'but to each their own right 'eh say not bitter at all and sips his beer ' 'yeah but that like a hobby with anyone .. but yeah 'eh smiles

Judith Baldwin squints at the young father "IRL? Is that an online...game thing?" She raises a brow at the bartender "Bellview you say? I hadn't heard about that." She darts a look back down the bar " And yes the language as a hobby I understand. I mean there are all kind of things like that."

Peter O'Brian looks at him.  "IRL?  Is that a club or something?"  he nods.  "Well, I'm fro the States.  And this was .. oh the 70's or 80's I think."

Jun.Saigawa  smiles 'sorry .. in real life 'he laughs softly 'sorry .. my brain gets stuck in computer mode sometimes 'eh laugh softly 'but yeah .. i like coming to the local bars like this fine place to meet people too 'he smile then sips his beer '

Judith Baldwin smiles after a sip of her drink, which is almost consumed "Indeed it is. I'm sorry I've forgotten both of your names if you mentioned them. I'm Judith."

Peter O'Brian chuckles.  "Well I don't know about the lady, but I remember when not everything was an acronym."  he chuckes.  "Oh ....  Judith I am Peter .. Peter O'Brian."

Jun.Saigawa  smiles 'yeah .. ' he say softly 'oh I'm Jun Saigawa 'he say bowing and laughing

Judith Baldwin looks at each of them doing her little name recalling trick by repeating "Jun....Peter. Nice to meet you both. I pop in at least once a month to check in on Martha Bloom." She sips her last and takes out a ten "What do I owe you Peter?"

Peter O'Brian chuckles.  "Well in a bar ... sometimes the point is to NEVER give a name, so I rarely ask for one."  he admits.  He looks enlightened.  "Ahhhh  Martha.  Yes."  he takes the ten and gives her five back.  "Five.  And thank you.  Your Aunt is a dear."

Judith Baldwin pulls out a toonie and puts it down at her place as a tip and stands up "She really is. Face to face is always better for a rant. And thank you Peter. Goodnight to you as well Jun."

No comments:

Post a Comment